You are here
Material Transfer Agreement (MTA)
We establish a material transfer agreement (MTA) between the facility and the recipient’s institution every time tissues are exchanged. A suggested draft is provided here, along with a simple summary of the conditions to which users must adhere.
ShARM Materials: Conditions of Use
The materials provided by the repository are subject to the following conditions of use:
- The materials are to be used for the purposes of in-house research only. If the recipient wishes to use the materials on a commercial basis, a formal written request must be sent to the repository.
- Intellectual property rights in the materials remain with the original depositor or with the repository as applicable. The recipient owns intellectual property rights in the results of the use of the materials.
- The materials are not to be transferred or transmitted to any third party without written approval from the repository.
- The repository is to be informed of, and acknowledged in, all publications relating to the results of research using the materials.
- Any loss, claim, damage, or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, which may arise from the use, handling or storage of the materials by the recipient is the sole responsibility of the recipient.